Monday, April 18, 2011

Journal 03

I like how Mike F gives a timeline of Apple products and how things change from model to model or even generation. He says more or less that "Ives and Apple are a source of inspiration because of their attention to detail when it comes to their products, from the quality of the materials to the (almost) seamless interaction of all of the components, including the operating system which sets them apart from other companies". I agree with this because I have always wanted an ipod even when I had a perfectly fine mp3 player, which was NOT an ipod. Now that I have an ipod nano, I want an ipod touch, so the cycle doesn't end.
http://designbyfreeze.blogspot.com/

Mike B was cleaver in his blog title non-juggler which is what we talked about on the first day of class. I like some of the Colors magazines by Tibor Kalma. After reading his quote "One of the most fascinating things about Tibor Kalman was, never having any training in design, he had a natural gift for understanding visual communications. Some of his most interesting works are uncluttered, usually heavily font driven pieces, which were short and to the point." I can understand why he chose to research him. Plus we have another mac; "And I'm a Mac not a PC".
http://mbdesign200.blogspot.com/

I like how Sarah has the two pictures from her visit to Bolivia. I like to travel and I think we all should travel to different places and just broaden ourselves and be open to different cultures. I also like Sarah's reason for taking this class; "The reasoning behind this decision was based on the fact that I love art and specifically art involving digital media." Its a reason simular to my own, although I wouldn't say I'm that great when it comes to actually making art. I don't know if she is Mac or PC but its okay.
http://sarahdesign200.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment